There are several gaming monitor makers in the business which produced stunning examples that offer top-end performance, the latest technology, and the best value for money. We have favorites, but each brand has one way or the other produced a winner that is well-suited to your battle station. The monitor market has grown into something complex with stiff competition and improving products which is ultimately beneficial for the consumers
Asus Gaming Monitors – High-End Gaming Displays
Asus is sort of the no-compromises brand in the category where extreme imaging performance, responsiveness, and design come together. The brand’s several gaming lines have spawned well-loved variants that are widely considered as the universal standard. The brand fills several budget categories in the gaming market, but its top-end offerings are the tip of the brand’s marketing spear.
- Excellent image quality across the board
- Produced some of the fastest gaming monitors
- Attractive and functional designs
- Full range; from Budget to High-End
- Global warranty coverage
- Only high-end models are competitive
- Latest designs may be too overwhelming
Acer Gaming Monitors – Best Ultrawide Monitors
Acer is another famous brand that deals in the high-end category with its favorite Predator line that offers the most reasonably-priced G-Sync monitors. Asus is more popular due to their more significant market share, but this brand isn’t considered as second best. What’s excellent about Acer’s gaming monitors is their considerably lower price for products that perform on par, if not better, than the more expensive brand.
- Fantastic gaming and imaging performance
- Better pricing, more accessible to own!
- Subdued, but unique designs
- Offers low-budget 144Hz monitors for affordable builds
- Superb ultrawide monitors for both gamers and professionals
- Predator designs are passe, needs an update
- Only Predator/G-Sync line offers chart-topping performance
- Some monitors have varying specs per region (Ex: Acer XR382CQK)
BenQ Gaming Monitors – Best for E-Sports and Competitive Gaming
BenQ is one of the giants in business not because they have the most impressive portfolio, but their presence and reputation in competitive gaming are solid. It’s also a considerable factor that AU Optronics, one of the makers of gaming panels, is one of their subsidiaries. It’s also no secret that we at Monitornerds love their no-frills designs that are functional and timeless.
- E-Sports caliber performance
- Minimalist and functional designs
- Feature-rich packages
- OSD Remote (S-Switch Arc on XL Line)
- Expensive high-performance line
- Some models aren’t that great in image quality
- No G-Sync offerings
ViewSonic Gaming Monitors – Great Value Display Solutions
ViewSonic is one of the underdogs in the high-performance display market, but their offerings certainly do not disappoint. Some models like the one shown below are one of the cheapest you can get without compromising capabilities and features. All things considered, monitors from this brand are the most competitive for every dollar spent.
- Excellent value
- Affordable high-refresh offerings
- Sturdy and simplistic builds
- From decent to superb performance
- Designs are a bit outdated
- A lower price can sometimes mean some compromises
- Limited gaming monitor portfolio
Thoughts on the Top Gaming Monitor Makers
In more ways than one, Asus, Acer, BenQ, and ViewSonic have exceeded our expectations in performance, image quality, and design. Of course, suitable candidates are not limited to these brands, but we’ve found their products to be excellent in their respective categories. This article’s aim is to help you pinpoint the right gaming monitor for your needs and budget. If you have further questions, shoot us an email or check out our monitor selector tool.