A high-Performance Gaming utility best 120hz gaming monitor
BenQ XL2411T Review
The BenQ XL2411T is a full HD, one of the best Gaming display said to be ‘Built for the Ultimate Victory’ by BenQ. But does the statement fit the product?
Let’s deep dive into the Pros and Cons of this monitor while keeping in mind the technical specifications and additional features.
The BenQ XL2411T is a 120hz gaming monitor designed with keeping in mind the everyday FPS gamer. This 24″ LED display has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 Pixels. The panel used is a TN Panel, which obviously is not as popular as the IPS, but the quality and design both are top of the class. The quoted refresh rate is 120 Hz, however, the monitor does support a refresh rate of 144 Hz. The response time is 1 ms Grey to Grey. These two factors combined make Gaming stutter-free, High definition and smooth. Some people, if not most, have a problem with TN Panels because of their limitations over the IPS. But the BenQ XL2411T maintains a fine balance among it’s features to provide the very best of gaming experiences one can get on a TN Panel.
The BenQ XL2411T comes equipped with LightBoost technology. The color Gamut is set at 72% and the brightness is at a standard 350 cd/m2. With 16.7 million real life display colors, gaming is detail-oriented and sharp.
Finished entirely in black, the BenQ XL2411T offers viewing angles of 170° / 160°. As this is a TN Panel, viewing from very wide angles is definitely an issue for some people. While viewing from a 45° angle, a little drop in the image quality can be observed.
The input/connectivity options on the monitor’s back are:
3. HDMI x 1
4. A 3.5 mm Headphone jack
Special Features of this 120hz display
The monitor features support for Nvidia 3D Vision 2 system for an effective 3D performance. This Windows 8 compatible monitor is equipped with BenQ’s Flicker-free Technology. This is a feature that provides flicker-free viewing at all brightness levels and reduced eye fatigue.
The GROM (Gaming Refresh rate Optimization Management) is another Gaming-oriented feature that is in the BenQ XL2411T. The GROM enables different resolutions to reach more levels of optimal refresh rates(100/120/144Hz). This combined with an FPS Mode enabled on this monitor provides an incomparable gaming experience.
The BenQ XL2411T can be tilted up and down to a little extent, and is height adjustable (130 mm). Additionally, the monitor has a 45° / 45° Left/Right Swivel. The stand is practical in nature, and the viewing is made more comfortable by the ability of 100 × 100mm VESA Mounting, that enables us to put the monitor per convenience on a wall, board or a stand.
BenQ’s OSD (enables in the BenQ XL2411T) is considered to be one of their prime features. In this monitor, the On Screen Display controls are in under the bottom bezel (instead of being side mounted), and they’re still snappy to use and context sensitive. The OSD features 17 languages and is a very handy tool for calibration.
Another unique feature of this monitor is the Black eQualizer. The purpose of this technology is to carefully brighten the dark scenes in a game (without over-exposing the bright areas) to preserve vital details and provide better visibility.
Now with all that said, let’s dive into the Pros and Cons of the BenQ XL2411T.
• This is a monitor made for FPS gamers. The gaming experience is near close to unparalleled, especially when compared to monitors in the same price range.
• The response time is excellent, and there are no general issues of Flickering, Ghosting or Judder. The Input Lag is as low as 10 ms.
• The stand is height and tilts adjustable on top of being VESA mounting capable. This makes it one of the most practical stands out there.
• The Nvidia 3D Vision 2 support is a huge selling point as it helps provide unparalleled 3D experience.
• Even though the TN Panel is well-updated and advanced, the viewing angles are not very wide in range, and there is a drop in image quality when viewing from different angles. When viewed from below, the screen looks dark, and it’s very noticeable.
• With the factory settings, the Color fidelity is not very great.
• The Color Gamut and other factors make the BenQ XL2411T not suitable for professional video/Image editing purposes.
• If we set the overdrive function (AMA) in this BenQ monitor to ‘High’ to achieve a super-fast response time, there is a slight reverse Ghosting effect on the monitor.
Priced at around $330, the BenQ XL2411T is ahead of most monitors in its price range. Depending on where the purchase is made, there is a significant price drop as well. The carefully balanced features and a no-frill nature of the BenQ XL2411T make it one of the best choices for an FPS Gamer with a budget of 300-350$.